Thursday, October 21, 2010

LIFE: Where I hate

Seriously.  I am hating a lot of things.  Some are real and some are fluff but I am over them all the same.

I hate traffic and commuting.  I hate living in the "Dallas" area.  Dallas sucks.  Yeah there are a million and one things to do and yes, more malls and restaurants than the entire state of probably, well...I don't know, pick a state. 

I hate being broke.  Yes, I needed a car but not necessarily the car payment.  I am not famous so I can't just get a car nor do I have a sugar daddy that will buy me one.  The car payment is eating up a lot of what was my "play money".  Not to mention a higher cost of gas because the tank is bigger. 

I hate that my nails all decided to break and since cutting them off, they don't seem to be re-growing.

I hate that Jimmie Johnson is positioned to win his 5th straight NASCAR championship.  Enough already.  We get it.  You're good.  It's time to share the wealth.

I hate that my insurance costs will be higher in 2011.

I hate that I found out this week that a guy I knew in high school that was dearly loved by everyone, was killed, it seems like, at the hands of his girlfriend.  If he was the Popcorn I knew in HS, there would be absolutely no reason for that but I have to wonder, in this day and age, in the last 20 years, if he had gotten into a life that wasn't so good.  Did something happen to make him a different Popcorn? 

I hate that the Texas Rangers are not yet headed to the World Series.

I hate living so far away from J.  Things are going really good with us and I just wish we could spend more time together.  He mentioned me moving out there closer to him and while I think it's insane (I mean, dude still hasn't met my mom or best friend), I got to thinking...there's nothing saying I can't move a little closer to him, say, to a town about 30 minutes from him and not quite as far from home.  You know, for myself.  To "start over" if you will.  A smaller town.  A slower pace.  A shorter commute.  A new place to explore.  Possibly with the one person I know that lives there.  Why not?  I mean, I'm not totally convinced but I sure am thinking about it.  It might be crazy but it might be a good thing.  I am still chewing on it.  It would entail finding a job and an apartment and doing it all in order.  I mean, do I find a job first and hope I find an apartment?   Or apartment first then a job?  How do I know what to do when? 

I also hate that I could probably keep blogging but I won't because frankly, it's depressing.  I need to "suck it up, buttercup!" and figure out ways to change things I hate into things I like or at least change them enough to take them off the list :)

Adios!!
Melissa

P.S. - Hopefully Friday night, I can come back here and blog about loving the fact that the Rangers ARE headed to the World Series.

No comments: