Sunday, January 6, 2008

Life: Where a boy might actually like me

So I thought I was being all jokey and funny with something I said to The Boy last night. It failed miserably. He did not get it nor did he see the humor and it was so bad, I feared I had ruined whatever it is that we might have. I thought "Great. Way to screw up something potentially wonderful with one smart-ass joke. Good job, Mel" I then had to convince him that he did NOT need to be in "caution mode" (his words) and that I truly was kidding and was even more truly sorry.

The whole thing led me to believe that he might actually be in it for the long haul, contrary to what Pessimistic Polly here might think. I am not used to this and perhaps I need to let him know that. Then he might understand more about why I said what I said. I'm a little gun-shy and when it comes to relationships with men, I tend to sit around and wait for that other shoe to drop.

Please let his shoes and all the other shoes be laced tightly and hung from super strong rope so they don't fall.

No comments: