Tuesday, April 22, 2008

LIFE: Where I am rambling & a little happy

So nothing too exciting has gone on lately. This week, I've sort of felt like taking a hostage or stomping puppies due the raging hormones surging throughout my body but I'm slowly feeling better. Slowly.

I miss J terribly. We mutally agreed to lessen the trips between our respective towns what with the price of gas being a million dollars a gallon and all and I am kind of hating it. So, to remedy that, I am headed his way on Saturday to go to work with him. So criminals beware, there will be two sets of eyes watching. Consider this your warning. It may cost me a fortune but if I don't do some kissin soon, I may lose my mind. So I'm happy about that. I get to see my boy.

Something else I'm happy about? My new favorite author and pretend BFF, Jen Lancaster, ( www.jennsylvania.com )will be in town for a booksigning in less than a month. All together now: SQUEEEEEEEE!! I need to find a strand of pearls to wear with my Faux-lo shirt, I say that because I? Can't afford a real Polo shirt. I also need to go to Sprinkles and buy her a cupcake.

Um, what else? Oh! I am taking a mini-vacay around Memorial Day weekend to spend 2 days tooling around the lovely town of Tyler, Texas with J. That weekend is the THE weekend. Where he meets my dad. (Again, EEK) At any rate, I figured it might be fun to do all sorts of coupley things beforehand. The Tyler Rose Garden, where I hope to get our first picture of us as a couple, the tiger refugee camp, nice dinners and maybe go see all the azaleas. Or perhaps we'll just hole up in the hotel and make out :)

That's about it for now.

Oh, P.S. - I guess I should clarify that I really have not nor do I actually plan to, take a hostage or stomp puppies. I'm hormonal, not maniacally insane :)

2 comments:

TUWABVB said...

Too funny - I went to B&N last night to make sure I understood the rules for a book signing, i.e. do I need to buy the book beforehand, and what time I should be there...did not want to miss a minute of Ms. Lancaster's visit! Not sure if I could completely trust the customer representative that waited on me, but it soothed the Type A side of my personality until the week before she shows up!

mrsf5 said...

So I'm reading Jennsylvania and rummaging through the comments for new books to add to my nightstand when I saw your comment and thought: HEY. Those are MY favorite books, too! Hmmm.

Sure enough: here you are. I am (was? okay, AM, but only occasionally) Texsippian on Banned Camp. I think I may have found out about Jennyslvania from you, there. And now I'm here. From there.

Sweet fancy Moses, I feel like this comment needs a roadmap and a hit of Adderall.

The point is that I'm now hooked on Jennsylvania and am planning to make it to the booksigning, assuming that husband sees the big red circle on the calendar saying I HAVE DIBS ON THIS NIGHT DO NOT TRESPASS UNDER PENALTY OF WHATEVER.

So maybe I'll see you there. If it's any consolation, I swear I don't talk this much in person.