Sunday, April 6, 2008

LIFE: Where I am NOT at the racetrack

I am a NASCAR fan. I watch it almost every weekend. I have been to several races out at Texas Motor Speedway. It is quite an experience and one I wish I was experiencing today.

You see, all of NASCAR's finest, GO JEFF GORDON, are at TMS this weekend, they have actually been out there all week, but sadly...I? Am not there. Race tickets have gotten quite expensive and they just were not in the budget this time. But man, I just went outside and it is a beautiful and glorious Texas spring day, perfect for the racetrack. Sunny, bright, temps is teetering between slightly cool and warm and so breezy that it becomes almost perfect weather. And again, I am not out there. Perhaps I will look into going in November and getting The Boy I Like to go with me.

For now? I may open some windows while I watch Sunday's Finest Sporting Event on TV and I will cheer and hope like mad that Jeff Gordon can get his first win at Texas. If he does, I'll be sad that I wasn't there to see it in person, but happy that he won all the same.

No comments: