Friday, March 28, 2008

LIFE: Where I get sappy about being a new Aunt

So my big sister has wanted a baby for like, 18 years now.

Well, she finally got one. I want to thank "S" for making the ultimate sacrifice. She gave her baby to my sister and her husband. She did the best thing she could do for her baby and that was to give him to a couple that has loved him since the day she said they were The Ones, about 9 months ago. She said that she wanted to complete someone's family and she did. She absolutely did.

Sweet Boy was born this past Monday and he has completely transformed my sister and brother-in-law's lives. I have wanted this for them for so long and it makes me happier than just about anything to see them like this: Looking at Sweet Boy. Feeding Sweet Boy. Loving Sweet Boy.

Welcome to the world and to the family Sweet Boy.

Love, Aunt Lissa

2 comments:

Just Jinny said...

Oh, I am nearly weeping over here.

My heart aches with the news. That is FANTASTIC!

TUWABVB said...

That's fantastic news! This is a gift that touches close to home with me because I was adopted when I was 6 months old. Many people have asked what I think about my "real" mom and I always say that I believe she made the ultimate sacrifice for me to have a better life. I'm so glad your family got such a wonderful gift!