Tuesday, March 11, 2008

LIFE: Where he wants to meet my dad

Evidently J has given thought to meeting my dad. Holy crap. He said that he thought about how he would act and what he would say when meeting him because they do the same thing for a living and my dad would know he's full of shit.

Then last night, he asked me when I was going to see my dad and I half jokingly said "Why? You want to come with me?" and he said "yeah, I was thinking I need to bite the bullet and meet him pretty soon". Have I mentioned holy crap? Um yeah, this girl has NEVER brought a boy home to meet my dad. NEVER. I don't know if he'll go all "what are your intentions with my daughter" on him or what. It sort of makes me freak out a little if I think about it too much.

Perhaps we can start with the locals, mom and sisters instead and save Meet The Dad Weekend for later on.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

ooooh! how exciting! You're probably right about that "being here for the long haul" thing. :)

I'll have to come back and see what happens! My boyfriend and I aren't even engaged yet and my dad bugs him all the time about when we're having kids. So yeah, you just never know where a dad is gonna go. hehe

Good luck!