Monday, August 18, 2008

Life: Where I'm obsessed

With the Olympics.

I always get this way with the Summer Olympics. I love them. I love how there are still athletes out there who love their sport for the sport and the competition, not the money. I love the beauty of the opening ceremonies and the personal touches put into them by the host country.

I am severely sleep deprived because of the Olympics but I don't mind. It's worth it to see Michael Phelps work his magic. He is beyond awesome and I am thrilled for him. It's worth the bags under my eyes to see little Shawn Johnson be so happy just to be there competing against the worlds' best gymnasts (even though some of them are young children and some did NOT deserve the high scores they got, don't even get me started) and it's worth my crankiness to see Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh be so dominant in the sand and to see our local girl, NASTIA LIUKIN, once again bring home the gold in the gymnastics all-around competition. This week? Is all about track, volleyball and more diving and I cannot wait.

I will be bummed when the Olympics are over but part of me will be glad because then I can sleep again.

1 comment:

KimmyDarling said...

I totally agree. I'm obsessed, too. I miss Michael Phelps already!

Love,
kimmyd