Saturday, November 8, 2008

LIFE: Where I need a new left leg & foot

Srsly.

I have a heel spur and plantar fasciatis (sp?) in my left foot. The spur hurts like a mo-fo when I'm on my feet a lot. And I am. At work, drill team practice, on the weekends. Anyway, I deal. But the winner? I have a torn meniscus, or cartilage, in my left knee and a possible partial tear to my ACL (Anterior Crucial Ligament, how smart am I? You learn stuff working at a hospital).

Anyway, I need a left leg transplant. And while we're transplanting, can I get a new right one too? They might as well match. Also? Can they look like Angelina Jolie's or something? I mean, why not?

So yeah. I guess I really am old, fat and out of shape. But the former sort of athlete in me thinks it's sort of cool that I have a bona fide knee injury that will require surgery sooner than later. Sick I know.

On a brighter note...my drill team girls totally won their competition this morning. They did so good! There were a couple of big mistakes but luckily, our head director Barbie is such a choreography bad ass, the routine as a whole made up for the mess-ups. I am so proud of our little Minnie Mouses. We go to the City Competition in 2 weeks and have a really good shot at the city wide title. I will you posted.

Meantime, I am going to pass out. I've now been up for like, 17 or 18 hours and I am freaking WHIPPED!

Peace, holla!

No comments: