Tuesday, January 5, 2010

LIFE: Where I re-connected with an old flame

Let me begin by saying I use the term "re-connected" loosely.

Yes, a couple of days after Christmas, in a weak moment inspired by the holidays, single-dom depression and PMS, I emailed Josh.  My ex-boyfriend from a a year or so ago.  "WHAT?"  you ask?   "You mean the one that lived 2 hours away and worked all the time and didn't have time for you?"  Yep, that's the one.  It was the holidays! (we met 2 years ago right before Christmas so it was natural that I thought of him, right?)  The PMS made me do it!  The lack of mind-altering drugs caused this!  Those are my stories and I'm sticking to them.   So yeah, I emailed him.  Just to say hey and just to see how he was and to let him know I had been thinking about him.  And yes, you probably don't want to hear from me and I will shut my pie hole now as you are probably already irritated.  That was pretty much the gist of it.

Then days go by.  Like, 7 days.  I assumed he deleted it.  Or read it and ignored it.  Or read it and then deleted it.

Then yesterday, my hotmail account punched me in the face because there it was...his reply.  A reply for which I was NOT prepared to actually see in my inbox nor read.  He told me it was good to hear from me and that he was, in fact, not irritated.  He even apologized for taking so long to respond.  Then the big one...  He said he had been thinking about me too.  Cue the record scratch, dude.

Huh?  So not the response I expected.  But there it was.  Wow.  I was stunned.  But then it could just be BS.  He said it because I said it.  He was being nice.  Something like that.  But what if he wasn't?  What if he meant it?  I left it alone and replied that all was well with me and was he still with the same police department and that my number is the same but here it is again just in case and you should call me so we can catch up.

Damn.  I told him to call me.  What if he does?

I need a keeper.  Someone to prevent this sort of craziness.

TTFN!  ("Ta Ta For Now")

No comments: