Tuesday, September 30, 2008

LIFE: Where I'm a smitten scaredy kitten

So yeah. Not real busted up over the busted relationship with J. I hardly think about him anymore. But someone I do think about? This guy that is good friends with several of my neighbors and another couple who don't live in my complex, all now my new friends and I shall call him D.

I've been around D a lot the last couple of months, between water volleyball , Friday night bowling league and a couple of bars we've hit. He is super duper nice, cute, funny, all that. We've talked a little, danced a little, hugged a little, he chose to ride with me to and from places a couple of times, he gave me his number (he also has mine) and he may have even kissed me (not "real" ones, btw) 2 or 3 times. Sure, they may have been a bit beer induced, but I think for the most part, you kind of know what you're doing and he wasn't so beer-y that he wouldn't realize what he did.

However...he hasn't called or asked me out on an actual date. But, he's going through a rough time right now personally and a big part of me thinks that's why. He just lost someone extremly close to him and he got laid off. Not a good thing considering the economy is in the crapper. He's trying to find work and so far, it just hasn't been found. I'm wondering, since a lot of guys identify themselves with their jobs and what they can do and/or bring to the table, if that is why. I'm telling you, World Wide Web, even my low self-esteem Pessimistic Polly side of me thinks there is something there.

So, I should just ask him out instead, right? Oh yeah sure. The thought of that? Scares the crap outta me. I broke up with J in an email because of my pansy-ness and now I want to ASK A NEW GUY OUT?? But I think I might. Friday night. Just a casual late night bite to eat after he bowls. I think I can do it. I shall let you know and in the meantime, wish me luck because if he shoots me down, I will feel like a dillweed.

1 comment:

KimmyDarling said...

DO IT!!!!

And as far as the laying-off thing is concerned, that's often a real mind-f&#! for men, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's affecting him.